After being born and raised in Fernie, B.C and attending College of The Rockies for Human Services, Shelby made Boyle her permanent home. Shelby has lived in Boyle since 2010 and has since bought a home, started raising her family, opened a local business with her husband and has recently finished mortuary school which landed her a career at a funeral home that services our area.
Shelby is an avid volunteer in our community. She is the current president of the Boyle School Parent Advisory Association, helps with Santa's Anonymous where she spent 3 years as vice-president, is a board member of The Greater Athabasca Foundation and sits in many council committees including the Boyle Fire Department and the recreational committees. Shelby loves being involved in Boyle's up and coming generations and has coached soccer and t-ball in our area and hosts international exchange student on an annual basis in her home.
Shelby has thoroughly enjoyed her time with the Village of Boyle council so far and looks forward to continuing to serve her community for years to come.
Barbara may be relatively new to Boyle but she has a proven passion for the Village. A proud municipal Councillor since 2017, Barb is an active member of various local, regional and provincial boards including the Boyle Library Board, Boyle Betterment Committee, Boyle Youth Centre, Community Futures, FCSS, and the Northern Lights Library System. She is eager to promote the Village of Boyle to all who will listen and is diligent in seeking out ways to bring more residents and more business to our area.
A little more about Barbara :
- Married to the total package, Jeramie, yes he even does the laundry....
- Mom to 3 amazing kids, Joshua, Rachel and Blake whom she is still taller than...
- Professional work experience in the banking, accounting and provincial government worlds; currently a stay at home mom which allows her to be very engaged in her current position as village Councillor.
- Avid reader, loves gardening and likes it when other people cook
- Moved to Boyle in 2014 and fell in love with the community